Assistant Project Coordinator
Our growing organization is seeking to hire an Assistant Project Coordinator to work with our Executive Director, organizing projects that revolve around active transportation. You will be involved in monitoring project plans and schedules, community outreach ensuring project deadlines are met.
Candidates will be involved in all aspects of ongoing projects and programs including development, promotion, planning and implementation. We are looking for well-organized, enthusiastic and creative people able to work independently and as part of a team who are comfortable speaking in public. Candidates must be comfortable working in an office space as well as on site in public. Your schedule will change daily and will require travel. A background in the non-profit sector, public health or urban planning and bilingual is a plus. Having access to reliable transportation and being able to travel to various local cities and events is essential. A bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and at least one year of experience in the non-profit, transportation or public health sectors is optimal but not required.
This is a part time position. Hourly rate: $20-25/hour depending on experience.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans and schedules.
- Documenting and following up on actions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Help ensure project deadlines are met.
- Tracking project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assist in facilitating meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Maintain project management calendar for fulfilling goals and objectives.
- Compilation and reporting of data from projects.
- Actively assist in promoting organization and our activities.
- Assist in planning and presenting various fundraising or other community outreach activities.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Google applications and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge and understanding of accessing and exploiting social media platforms for promotional purposes.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Have access to safe, reliable transportation and appropriate insurance.
- Bachelor degree in business, public health, urban planning or related field of study preferred, but not required.