To date, over 180 bikes have found new owners and created thousands more smiles.
Our Adopt-A-Bike program continues to grow. We transform used bikes into transportation to kids and families throughout Los Angeles. We know kids need more exercise, adults need to get to work and families need to recreate together. Bikes are great solutions!
If you are in need of a kids bike, use THIS FORM to request a FREE used bicycle and we’ll do our best to find a match.
NOTE: We currently have more requests than we have bikes and are experiencing a delay of 3-6 months for bikes. Please check back after January 1 for updates.
There are a few guidelines:
- Limit 2 per family.
- The number of bicycles, sizes, color, and styles are limited and all bikes are in as-is condition.
- Walk ‘n Rollers will contact you directly when a bicycle is ready for pickup.
- Walk ‘n Rollers is unable to deliver bicycles. Please be sure you are able to arrange for pickup in West Los Angeles.
- Please make sure to download and sign our disclaimer form before you pick up a bicycle.
About the Program
In the Spring of 2020, we began collecting, repairing and distributing used bicycles, primarily to kids in need. It didn’t take long to realize how many quality used bikes are out there and how many kids need wheels for exercise, transportation and fun. The program proved so successful we made it a permanent part of our programming adding a Bike Hub where we store bikes waiting for repair and pickup, parts, tools and materials.
In 2021, we signed on with LA Metro as part of their Adopt-A-Bike program in an effort to reach even more people in need of reliable transportation. Through partnerships with YMCA, Boys and Girls Clubs and LARRP, we have managed to enhance and expand the program, adding student trainings and workshops. Our program also provides opportunities to train students in bike repair, bike safety, and community advocacy.
Spectrum News LA Covers Walk ‘n Rollers Bike Distribution Program
How to support
- Donations to help cover the expense of parts and supplies are appreciated. Donate today
- We accept used bikes too Contact us for information