May 7, 2014:
National Bike to School Day
Join the fun by organizing a Bike to School Day at your school.
Participating in National Bike to School Day is an easy way to introduce biking to school as part of a healthy, active lifestyle. They are also excellent tools for launching bike-walk to school days at your school. Bike to School Days can be as simple or as involved as you like. From welcome tables at school to welcome riders, to group rides and Bike Safety Festivals, Bike to School Day is a great time to begin!
It’s easier than you think. Here’s how:
- Pick a day.
- Seek your principal’s permission and support
- Announce it. e-mail friends, post it to your School or community website or chat room, create a simple flier or banner
- Join the fun!
- Enlist community or civic leadership
- Involve local law enforcement
- Create route maps
- Use this day as an opportunity to launch a regular bike or walk to school program
- Be sure to register your event at WalkBikeToSchool.org
Download our tip sheet HERE to help you get started