Project Coordinator • Internships (see below)
Walk ‘n Rollers has an immediate opening for a part time Project Coordinator.
Candidates will be involved in all aspects of ongoing projects and programs including development, promotion, planning and implementation. We are looking for well-organized, enthusiastic and creative people able to work independently and as part of a team who are and comfortable speaking in public. Candidates must be comfortable working in an office space as well as on site in public. Your schedule will change daily and will require travel. (as an example, current projects include Culver City, Santa Monica, Moreno Valley and Orange County). A background in the non-profit sector, event planning and bilingual is a plus.
Our growing organization is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator who will be in charge of assisting our Executive Director in organizing our ongoing projects that revolve around active transportation. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, be directly involved in community outreach and ensure that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. Being able to travel to various local cities and events is essential. A bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and at least 1 year of experience in the non-profit, transportation or public health sectors is required for consideration.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Compilation of and reporting of data from projects
- Actively assist in promoting organization and our activities
- Assist in planning and presenting various fundraising or other community outreach activities
- Bachelor degree in business, public health, urban planning or related field of study.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge and understanding of accessing and exploiting social media platforms for promotional purposes
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Travel will be required for this position. Access to reliable transportation is required.
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to: info at walkmorebikemore.org
Walk ‘n Rollers is seeking students and recent graduates for our internship program. If you are interested in public health, urban planning or active transportation, education and encouragement, you may be the perfect candidate.
Internships last 3-5 months. To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to: info at walkmorebikemore.org
Candidates will be expected to help with some or all of the following as it pertains to Walk ‘n Rollers goals and mission: Project Coordination, Event Planning; Outreach and Communications.
Projects range in size and scope throughout the Los Angeles region, including Culver City, Santa Monica, Moreno Valley, Los Angeles and Orange County. Ideal candidates will be comfortable in a team environment or working independently, with public communications and outreach, as well as event planning. Interns will be expected to be hands on and travel to sites as necessary.
- Coordination of various Safe Routes to School Activities, including: Parent / team committee meetings; organizing walk to school activities; promotional of school-based activities
- Public/community outreach, including tabling at community and school events and attending public meetings
- Research potential donors and community supporters
- Event planning and logistics. Events may include fundraisers, community events, classes, workshops
- Coordinate with other agencies and organizations on various activities and events
- Data research, collection and analysis
- Providing creative input for ongoing programs
- Assist in developing new program elements and solutions
- Be well-organized, professional, courteous and punctual
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Be comfortable speaking in public
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Be a self-starter
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google apps
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
- Have knowledge of and interest in active transportation and/or the health benefits related to such
- Have access to safe, reliable transportation and appropriate insurance.