- This event has passed.
September 15, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Kids Bike Skills Workshop at
Experience Elenda, a SCAG Go Human Demonstration Event
We are excited to bring our FREE Kids Bike Skills Workshop to Experience Elenda, a SCAG demonstration project. This free, family-friendly event teaches kids the essentials of how to bike safely in their community and especially to and from school. Bikes and helmets will be available for those who don’t have one. All ages welcome!
- FREE for the whole family!
- Free Bike Helmets from CHP
- Free Bike Repair by The Bike Shop
- Free Bike Valet by Bike Culver City
- Obstacle Course
- Bike Crafts: Make your own spoke card, race plate and more!
- Helmet fitting
- Recognizing traffic signals and stop signs
- Proper starting and stopping techniques
- How to avoid hazards
- Yielding and bike control
- Take the surveys and be entered in a raffle
Experience Elenda will layout proposed changes along Elenda intended to make the corridor safer for cyclists and pedestrians so you can experience them and offer suggestions before they get built next year:
- 2-Way protected bike lane
- Curb Extensions
- New Crosswalks
- New Stop Sign (at Murietta)
- NO Parking will be removed
- Additional changes along Matteson (behind La Ballona) will be presented at the event hub for comments
Learn more about SCAG (Southern California Association of Governments), Go Human and the demonstration project on Go Human’s event site